Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Coolest Desk Chair Ever!

My son is in his junior year of high school.  It feels like a minute ago he was just starting Kindergarten!  As I'm sure so many of you know already, junior year is the most work intensive year.  Tons of class work in addition to preparing to take the SAT/ACT exam.   I have heard about it from friends with older kids, but underestimated just how much work my son would have to do this year.  I am all about organization, so when I saw the work-load, I came up with a plan.

  He has had a desk in this bonus room space for years.  It was my husband's desk from when he was growing up.  It's a solid wood desk in perfect condition with a leather top.  
Up until now, this is what his desk usually looked like.  He was a fan of doing his homework at the kitchen table and pretty much boycotted using his desk.  After the first week of school and my son attempting to do his work at the kitchen table (and disrupting the entire household by us all having to be quiet), it was time for him to start using his desk!
I started by cleaning up his desk.  Giving him a clean, inviting workspace was the first step in my plan.
For the first time that night he did all of his homework at his desk.  He was amazed how quiet it was in his bonus room and how he was able to focus so much better.  The chair is my husband's original desk chair as well.  Not exactly the most comfortable chair.  Now that my son was actually using his desk, I wanted to do whatever I could to encourage him to continue to use this space.  So I splurged...
Introducing the coolest desk chair ever.  What a perfect chair for my son's sports-themed room.  This chair is reminiscent of a baseball glove.  The desk chair is from Pottery Barn Teen, and yes, it was a bit expensive.  But I had looked at so many other chairs at local stores, and any of the comfortable ones were way too wide and oversized, and honestly not that much less than this one.  It's called the Trailblazer Glove Swivel Chair.
It's comfortable, it's a great size and my son loves it.  It's helping make the 3-6 hours of homework a night more palatable.  
So happy he is actually using his desk now!

-Judy

Pin It



3 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

What a cool chair Judy...my son would love it!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love it, how fun. Perfect for a sports enthusiast. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

How perfect is that!? Is that the secret to getting homework done without grief? If so, I'll take one! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...